Pre-Wedding to Now

Sunday, July 1, 2012

I left my heart in San Francisco

Since I have a hundred bizzilion photos, I'll try to limit them to one or two per day.  We spent 4 days in San Francisco and 2 in Napa. I wish I was still in Napa pretending to know about wine and eating the best Greek food we've ever had.

Day 1: Exploring the peer and eating dinner in Chinatown.

The stinky seals.  They acted like bad behaved school children, knocking each other off the boards, then laughing.

Taken on Pier 39

Day 2: Alcatraz
I loved visiting and learning the history.  I bought a book on Al Capone and have since become obsessed.
He lost his mind while he was in Alcatraz and died 2 years after he got out.
You should become obsessed too.

Loved Chinatown.  The food: incredible. 
We had fried dungeness crab at R&G lounge.  (Thanks Spencer!)

Day 3: 20 mile bike ride to Tiburon.
I was scared to ride across the bridge until I saw that bikes had a separate lane. 
In SF, pedestrians and bikers RULE the road, unlike in Texas.

My only visit with the cable cars :(
Each car was packed like a Japanese wave pool
So we opted out, even though I have an on going love affair with trolleys.

Days 4-6, Napa.
We stopped at Domaine Carneros on the way to Napa.
The BEST sparkling wine.  Try the blanc nior.

We splurged on a convertable... The hair did not approve.

My favorite winery was Robert Mondavi.  Took the wine tasting class and are now officially snobs. 
(So we can pretend).

At the hotel vineyard.  All of Napa smells like sweet grapes. 

We LOVED the trip and had a wonderful tour guide (Spencer) in SF.  It was a needed break from the beach!

No comments:

Post a Comment